Following are some of the terms frequently used by the band members of 5 Seconds of Summer.
5SOS Dictionary:[edit | edit source]
- Ace- Very Good.
- Barbie- Barbecue, as in "throw another prawn (no one from Australia says shrimp) on the barbie."
- Bities- Biting insects
- Bludger- Lazy person, someone who relies on other people to do things and lend them things.
- Blue- A fight, as in "He was having a blue with that other dude."
- Chewie- Chewing gum
- Cozzie- Swim Suit
- Dunny (also Dunny Can)- Toilet, either the room or the specific fixture, especially an outhouse or other outdoor toilets.
- Footy- Australian Rules football
- Hooroo- Goodbye
- Jumpback- Sheep
- Lair it up- To behave in a vulgar manner.
- Maccas (pronounced "mackers")- McDonalds, as in, "Let's get shakes and fries at Maccas."
- Pash- A long, passionate kiss
- Ridgy- didge- Original, truthful, genuine.
- Spit the dummy- To get upset very suddenly, as in "He's going to spit the dummy when he finds out his car has been stolen."
- Tucker- Food, nourishment
- Vego (pronounced vejjo, if you're not Aussie)- A vegetarian
- Yabber- To talk a lot, as in "Those ladies at the beauty shop sure love to yabber."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.