Teeth is a song recorded by Australian rock band 5 Seconds of Summer. It was written by Ali Tamposi, Andrew Wotman, Ashton Irwin, Bernard Sumner, Carl Sturken, Evan Rogers, Gillian Gilbert, Louis Bell, Luke Hemmings, Peter Hook, Ryan Tedder and Stephen Morris with production handled by Andrew Wotman and Louis Bell. The song was released via Interscope Records on 21 August 2019, as the second single from their fourth studio album and as part of the third season soundtrack of the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why.
Background and Release
- Teeth, was announced on the band's Instagram on 16 August 2019 with a small instrumental snippet.
- Teeth, features guitar from Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine.
- Teeth, was released as the second single from the album;
- Teeth, was released as part of the soundtrack to the thrid season of Netflix's 13 Reasons Why.
- The official music video was released on 21 August 2019.
- The official music video was directed by Thibaut Duverneix.
- The music video features the band "subjected to an experiment-gone-wrong resulting in each member's personal hellscape"
- The video was called "dark" and "creepy" by Rolling Stone
- Billboard wrote that the song "sees the group venturing even further into the industrial sounds and themes the band began to explore with previous release Easier"
- Rolling Stone described the song as "industrial pop" and noted that it "culls from the same well of brooding, ominous industrial rock and nu-metal that inspired their Nine Inch Nails-inspired 'Easier.'"
- The official music video was released on 21 August 2019
- Official Instagram - TEETH // COMING 8/21
- Rolling Stones - Watch 5 Seconds of Summer Escape Lab Experiment in ‘Teeth’ Video
- altpress.com - ‘13 REASONS WHY’ SEASON 3 SOUNDTRACK REVEALS NEW 5SOS, YUNGBLUD
- Official Youtube Channel - 5 Seconds of Summer - Teeth (Official Video)
- Billboard.com - 5 Seconds Of Summer Get Dark With New Single 'Teeth': Watch